Monday, December 05, 2016

Shrinking the Technosphere—Numbered, Autographed Copies

[Update Dec. 5: Thank you to all of you who have already placed your orders. If you haven‘t yet, I will accept orders for another week exactly, then place the order with the publisher. I will stop accepting orders on December 12.]

My new book has finally been released and, as I have done with my previous books, I would like to give my faithful readers the opportunity to order numbered, autographed copies directly from me. The marina where we are docked for the winter has kindly agreed to store the boxes of books while I sign, package and ship them all out. Please use the order form below to order your copy.

...Mmm...

Please note: To make this operation doable, I have to impose certain limits: the mailing address has to be within the US, the books can only be ordered through PayPal (no PayPal account is needed, but you do need a credit/debit card), and I won't be able to accept returns or issue refunds. Also, I won't be able to manually edit shipping addresses: the books will be sent to the address that you provide through PayPal.

10 comments:

Karl K said...

Woot! Ordering now.... - KK

RogerCO said...

If someone happened to be crossing the Atlantic with a box of copies (even perhaps in a sailing boat) and had an address in Europe or UK that they could ship them from then perhaps Dimitri could post a link on here to order them from once they arrived this side. You could put me down for one for sure (but I wont be crossing the pond to get it)
RogerCO

Unknown said...

Hi Dimitri. I am looking forward to this book, read your Collapse a long while back. The technosphere concept got me thinking, and I reacted in a quick blog I wanted to share. http://americancrackpot.blogspot.com/#!/2016/11/fermis-fly-swatter.html

The idea is essentially that a technosphere exists inversely to a biosphere, and there are hard asymptotic limits to a technosphere's actualization toward its theoretical limits that keep it bound to its originating biosphere. As a technosphere advances in complexity, the biosphere disrupts that progress by way of degradation until advancement is ended or reversed... basically, describing the self-created extinction process that we are pursuing by way of technological advancement.

Idk... just so much of this entire technosphere pursuit seems like obvious fallacy to me. Thanks, look forward to reading.

tony smyth said...

Not in the US so can't do it. Maybe later through another source.

Grace said...

or to Australia please

Anonymous said...

Hello Dmitri, can you tell us how many autographed copies are available, and how long we have to order one before supplies run out?

subgenius said...

There is a LOT to get to work on....

http://www.sciencealert.com/the-total-mass-of-earth-s-technosphere-is-30-trillion-tonnes?perpetual=yes&limitstart=1

pg said...

Hi--
would love to have a copy but, yet again, PayPal won't accept my billing address. A P.O.Box in Colorado. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

I received my shirts. Thanks for the quick turn around. Wore the gar one yesterday to church. I was the only one wearing a fish shirt.
Bought the book today. First time I bought a book that was autographed by someone with a Russian name.

Unknown said...

So is anyone coming to Europe with some books?
I tried reaching out to fellow countrymen abroad who may be coming home for Christmas but no dice.